1.
Economic Trend: Lowering of oil and gas prices
b)
An opportunity exists because it lowers the
overhead for delivery services
c)
DHL, Fed Ex, Amazon, residents, truckers, transportation
companies, energy-based companies, and petroleum product producers
d)
This opportunity is relatively easy to exploit
because the infrastructures are already in place for companies and this
opportunity provides a lower overhead.
e)
Why did I see this opportunity? I saw this opportunity because it personally
affects me and I have an emotional response to it, because it directly affects
my finances.
2.
Economic Trend: Lowering interest rates for the
Federal Reserve
b)
This opportunity
provides an opening for investors to diversify their portfolio through the
stock market, real-estate, mutual funds, or alternative investments.
c)
Upper-class citizens, people with investment
capital, brokers, and mutual fund managing companies.
d)
This opportunity is easy to exploit as long as
the interest rates stay stable with the current political climate.
e)
Why did I see this opportunity? Because it has
been on the news as a campaign with Donald Trump for years. I believe that this
is an opportunity because in my personal opinion the national dept has been
steadily going up and the reduced interest rate might help us deal with the
dept.
3.
Regulatory Change: Legalization of Hemp/
Marijuana
b)
This opportunity exists to open a new market in
the industrial, medical, and recreational arenas. Hemp has unlimited industrial
applications such as replacing plastic; and creating rope and clothing.
Medicinally, the potentials are being researched currently by companies in the
stock market.
c)
Earth friendly businesses, supply companies, people
who suffer from illnesses and diseases that can be treated with marijuana, and
citizens for recreational use.
d)
This opportunity is difficult because the
regulation is currently localized to state government and federal government
has not yet legalized it making it actually federally illegal to use. It’s also
difficult because any profits could be seized by the federal government because
it was made illegitimately.
e)
Why did I see this opportunity? Because in my
experience marijuana can definitely be used medicinally, also I have seen many
posts on social media of cancer patients, and patients who suffer from seizures
directly helping them reduce their pain and symptoms and after viewing such
posts I created an emotional attitude towards the legalization of medical
marijuana.
4.
Regulatory
Change: State minimum wage laws
b)
This opportunity exists because it helps the
work force obtain a higher wage.
c)
Minorities, high school students in the work
force, stay at home moms, and people on disability.
d)
This opportunity is difficult because it is required
to be passed in law through a bill from the congress, senate, and governor.
e)
Why did I see this opportunity? I have an emotional attitude towards this
opportunity because it personally affects me because I am a broke college student,
and if I need an extra source of income I can find a minimum wage job available
and still be able to make a decent amount of money.
Victoria,
ReplyDeleteGreat work on detecting the different regulatory and economic trends currently affecting the U.S. and even the world. I agree that an opportunity exists with state minimum wage laws, but if the government were to raise the minimum wage inflation would increase as well as the costs of products sold as well.
Wassup Victoria,
ReplyDeletethis was an interesting read and I like the topics that you found opportunities in. I do think though that some of them are not really any new opportunities because some of them fluctuate. I would say legalizing marijuana is a great opportunity for people to start making money in the market legally now.
Hey Victoria, these sets of topics are quite unique from the ones I've seen in the past few blogs I explored. The one that I relate to the most would be the opportunity is minimum wage laws. There are tens of thousands of students and people across the US that live off of their minimum wage or support their families and there is not much they can do with the jobs that they can get and provide support for. If this issue were to be fixed it would help a ton of people in the long run.
ReplyDelete