1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
To keep up with the requirements of this course I am vigilant when it comes to watching each lecture online and writing notes on them. I also have learned the way he sets up the course and that has helped me efficiently schedule out when to do the assignments and cupcakes. I know that all assignments are due Friday at 12pm and that every cupcake is due Monday at 12pm and that helps me coordinate with each of my other courses and give this one the appropriate time it needs to complete the work due each week. Behaviors such as organization, routine, and consistency I’ve inputted in this course. And a behavior that I’ve learned through each assignment is the concept of complex thinking because the assignments are really not black and white; they require you to dig deep and really think with an open mind.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I honestly wanted to give up during weeks 4 and 5, because having 3 assignments due those weeks stressed me out. What pulled me through was that I was completely capable of completing each assignment and that the assignments themselves were actually interesting to complete. I was able to re-assort my thinking and complete one a day for 3 days and that made it less stressful for me. I definitely developed a tenacious attitude towards the last 2 months. I know that each week I have to complete at least 2 assignments, peer reviews, watch the 2 lectures and complete a cupcake. At first it seemed like a lot, but now I am dedicated to completing the work using efficient time-management.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
Tip #1) Listen to the lectures and the professors’ explanation on how to complete the assignment. That was extremely helpful to me, and gave me the ability to complete the assignment accurately and get the most out of the actual assignment.
Tip #2) Actually do the assignments not in a rush. I have learned so much more about myself in an entrepreneurial aspect, just by efficiently doing an assignment exactly the way their supposed to be done.
Tip #3) Write notes on each lecture, and the professors’ examples of certain subjects. His applications of a definition to a real-life scenario has helped me better understand the concepts he explains. This will also help with the cupcakes.
Victoria,
ReplyDeleteI agree that watching each and every lecture is crucial in being successful in this class. It's so easy to try and rush through each assignment to just receive the credit but I have also learned so much more with taking my time. All of your tips to be successful in the class are something I completely agree with.
Hi Victoria! You're so right when you talked about how important it is to take notes on the lectures. I didn't take any notes during the first couple lectures that were included on the first cupcake, and I didn't do so well. After that, I took much more detailed notes. Good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Victoria,
ReplyDeleteI agree with a lot of your pointers on tenacity. As a result of this course, I've adopted a lot of the qualities you have regarding deadlines and being punctual with deadlines. For next semester's students, I agree with all three of your tips and would agree that they are useful. If you take the time to put quality work into each assignment, there is no doubt you will learn more. In addition, notes are never a bad idea and they can help tremendously for quick references and with the quizzes.
Wassup Victoria,
ReplyDeleteI like your definition of the word I felt you have a great understanding of its meaning. I also agree with how you said you had it during this class because I felt the same things you felt.