1) One person must be a domain expert in your industry. This would be someone who's engaged in the same type of business activity as you would like to be. They may own the same kind of company that you would like to own, or they may be a technical expert who knows a lot about the kind of product or service that you would like to produce.
· Who they are and what their background is.
After a ton of research I found a company in Wisconsin that does microchip implants in their
employees. Patrick McMullan is the president of Three Square Market, a technology company
that provides self-service mini-markets to hospitals, hotels, and company break rooms.
After a ton of research I found a company in Wisconsin that does microchip implants in their
employees. Patrick McMullan is the president of Three Square Market, a technology company
that provides self-service mini-markets to hospitals, hotels, and company break rooms.
· Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Domain expert
Domain expert
· A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
I found them on google and emailed them.
I found them on google and emailed them.
· The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation?
They haven’t responded to my email yet.
· How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
Well, this is the only person I found that is doing the exact thing my company would do so they would be a large impact to my network. They can give me information on how to create the product, how to service it, and contact information to a supplier.
2) One person must be an expert on your market. This would be someone who is targeting your market with similar products services -- or knows a lot about conducting customer research in your area -- or represents a major piece of your market (this might be most applicable with B2B markets).
· Who they are and what their background is.
I would have to use the same individual from my domain expert slot. Since he is the only individual in America doing anything similar to my company. Patrick McMullan is the president of Three Square Market, a technology company that provides self-service mini-markets to hospitals, hotels, and company break rooms.
· Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Market expert
· A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
I emailed them. And found them on google.
· The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation?
I haven’t received a response back yet.
· How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
They have actual experience when it comes to finding customers that are interested in this product/service. So, he would be able to help me narrow down my customer market and he could also share information on how he got customers to agree with this microchipping process even though it is invasive. That was one of my biggest concerns.
3) One person must be an important supplier to your industry. This would be someone who is selling products and services to other organizations/firms in your industry.
· Who they are and what their background is.
I found a CEO named, Steve Sanghi, of a company online called Microchip Technology Incorporation. Microchip Technology Inc. is an American publicly-listed corporation that is a manufacturer of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP integrated circuits.
· Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Supplier
· A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
I found this individual on google, and I emailed him and connected with him on LinkedIn.
· The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation?
He hasn’t yet responded.
· How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
This supplier would help me create an actual microchip product. He has experience in creating micro chips of “High-Accuracy Phase Measurement for 5G” with real-time response, high performance and high reliability. This is exactly what I need for my product.
Hi Victoria! It's really interesting to hear about how you were able to find all of these different companies that deal with microchips and their production. I hope that you're able to get a response back from them because I'm sure that any info they give you will be beneficial. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteWassup Victoria,
ReplyDeleteIt's really dope to hear about how you notice all these different types companies that deal with microchips and the production. Knowing that theses are probably big companies I hope you hear back from them.
Hi Victoria!
ReplyDeleteI truly enjoyed reading about the three interviews that you conducted. Very impressive that you connected with a CEO, he could probably offer great insight into many aspects of the industry and market, and you should probably keep his contact information for future reference. I used Linkedin to connect with people as well. It is a phenomenal resource for this purpose. Best of luck!