Thursday, March 26, 2020

19A- Idea Napkin No. 2

1)    You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
Hello, my name is Victoria. I’m a Junior at the University of Florida and I’m studying Business Administration at UF’s College of Warrington. My passion for the last two years has been in being of service to those who have economic struggles such as addiction. I’ve been a mentor in changing peoples lives for the better including my own success story. I’ve instilled my dedication in growth and empowerment throughout my college career in relation to Business, while I’ve earned certificates in Business Specialist, Business Operations, and Accounting Technology Specialist. With the skills I obtained I received an Associates Degree with High Honors and transferred to the University of Florida. Right now I’m looking for an internship for this summer where I can enhance my skills in the field of Business and Economics.
2)    What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
My product/service that I could sell to customers to provide a solution to this epidemic is the creation of a navigation chip that could be surgically placed under the skin of an individuals’ body. This chip would be able to give the exact location of that individual at any given time in the case of an emergency via an online website. Each chip would be given a pin to enter onto the website to track the location according to the chips pin. This would provide a large solution to where a missing individual is and where other victims of human trafficking are located. I could price the procedure at a low cost so that any family could be able to afford it, and also retain a percentage of the profits to donate this procedure to the local homeless community and have online representatives given the information of the homeless populations pin numbers and names in the case that one is reported missing.
3)    Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
My selected opportunity is human trafficking in Gainesville, Florida. Human trafficking in Gainesville is now marked as a green zone, which means that it’s on the human trafficking map of locations for Florida. This problem directly affects woman, children, teenagers, and the homeless population. My customers all have in common that are they are the normal target of predators due to their sex being female, and age. People under 18 such as teenagers and children are more vulnerable compared to an adult and females are more vulnerable in comparison to a stronger and larger male.
4)    Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 
I believe that customers will use my product because it can be applied to a widespread of concerns, not only concerning human trafficking. My product will offer the safety and peace of mind of knowing where a person is when needed, such as a simpler and higher accurate version that an Iphone does with “sharing your location” with someone. For someone or for a demographic that is directly affected by human trafficking, my product would be the best option to ensure someone’s safety and direct location if any concern would arise. My product is priceless when it comes to purchasing it. Any family would choose to spend the price of the product to ensure the safety of their loved one or themselves.
5)    What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
My product would be new to the market. There has never been a tracking chip company that places an electronic chip in people to acquire their location. Something that cannot be replicated would be that it the chip is patented to be undetectable to any system or scanner. So, when the company becomes more exposed with more users, sex traffickers will also be aware that their victim could have my chip placed and try to scan the body of the victim for it; though, my chip is undetectable and cannot be found on the body through any scanner or electronic system once it is placed. This would be give me a further advantage from my future competitors, because I would be the only undetectable chip with my patent.

2 comments:

  1. Wassup Victoria,
    It was nice to hear about yourself and your offering to your customers. I feel as if you have more than enough reasons for customers to choose you over the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria!
    Your product is similar to mine in that it would be brand new to the market. These type of products are probably the hardest to kickstart and begin to generate sales, but I believe they have the most potential, and if it works out, you will have no competition, atleast for a while. The undetectable chip is a unique competitive advantage that I think could work out very well in your favor.

    ReplyDelete